1. Selvakkadunko Selvaratnam, 2018 – 2019.
2. Yassir Rabhi, 2011 - 2013; Asst. Professor, SUNY Cortland.
3. Yongge Tian, 2004 - 2005; Professor, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing, China.
4. Sanjoy Sinha, 2000 - 2001; Professor, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Carleton University.
1. Rui Hu, 2016; thesis entitled Robust Designs for Model Discrimination and Prediction of a Threshold Probability. Assistant Professor, MacEwan University.
2. Adeniyi Adewale, 2006; thesis entitled Robust Integer-Valued Designs for Generalized Linear Models. Therapeutic Area Lead Statistician with Alcon, formerly Biometrician with Merck & Co. Inc.
3. Xiaojian Xu, 2006; thesis entitled Robust Prediction and Extrapolation Designs, with Applications to Accelerated Life Testing. Professor, Department of Mathematics, Brock University.
4. Zhide Fang, 1999; thesis entitled Robust Extrapolation Designs. Professor and Chair, Biostatistics, School of Public Health; Professor, Genetics, School of Medicine; Louisiana State University-Health Sciences Center, New Orleans.
5. Giseon Heo, 1998; thesis entitled Optimal Designs for Approximately Polynomial Regression Models. Associate Professor, Department of Dentistry, University of Alberta.
6. Alwell Oyet, 1997; thesis entitled Robust Designs for Wavelet Approximations of Nonlinear Models. Associate Professor, Memorial University of Newfoundland (was Visiting Professor, University of Toronto, 1997/98).
7. Julie Zhou, 1995; thesis entitled Robust Experimental Designs for Linear Models. Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Victoria (was Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Lakehead University, 1995-1998).
8. Eden Wu, 1990; thesis entitled Asymptotic Minimax Properties of M-estimators of Scale. Retired Professor, Department of Statistics, Chinese University of Hong Kong).
9. Jiang Yin; 2017 (co-supervised, with N.G.N. Prasad); project entitled Analysis of a Bladder Cancer Clinical Trial Using a Shared Frailty Model. Research Associate, Biochemistry, U. Alberta.
10. Nadezda Frolova; 2016 (co-supervised, with Ivor Cribben); thesis entitled Estimation of Extreme Value Dependence: Application to Australian Spot Electricity Prices. Risk analyst, ATB.
11. Rui Nie; 2015; thesis entitled Robust Active Learning. Statistical Analyst, Medical Council of Canada, Ottawa.
12. Fiaz Amber; 2015; project entitled A Statistical Analysis for Genes and Environmental Factors Involved in Blood Pressure Variation. Research and Data Analyst, City of Edmonton.
13. Rui Gao; 2015; project entitled A Study of Factors Which Affect Migration. Analyst, Addiction and Mental Health, Alberta Health Services.
14. Zhichun Zhai; 2014; thesis entitled Robust Sampling Designs for Model-Based Stratification. Mathematical modeller/Statistician, Fitmylife Health Analytics, Edmonton.
16. Dengdeng Yu, 2013; thesis entitled Comparison of Three Methods of Generating Robust Statistical Designs. Ph.D. student, U. Alberta.
17. Maryam Daemi, 2012; thesis entitled Minimax Design for Approximate Straight Line Regression. Data Analyst, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, U. Alberta.
18. Jamil Karami, 2011; thesis entitled Designs for Nonlinear Regression With a Prior on the Parameters. Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Dhaka.
19. Kate Yaraee, 2011; thesis entitled Functional Data Analysis With Application to MS and Cervical Vertebrae Data. Business Analytics Analyst, City of Edmonton.
20. Xiao Guo, 2011; project entitled Longitudinal Data Analysis in Social Science Data. Senior Research Analyst, Management Insight Technologies, Massachusetts.
21. Ya Meng, 2011; thesis entitled An Application of Gene Set Analysis for a Comparison of Two Groups. Statistician (vaccine clinical trials), Sanofi Pasteur.
22. Mengzhe Wang, 2006; project entitled A Comparative Study of Robust Regression Designs. Manager, Analytic Team, Cancer Surveillance, Alberta Health Services.
23. Fred Ackah, 2004; project entitled Robust Assignment Probabilities for Clinical Trials. Health data analyst, Alberta Health and Wellness.
24. John Baser, 2003; project entitled A Kalman Filter Analysis of Particulate Matter Using an AR(1) Model. Data analyst, Government of Alberta.
25. Adeniyi Adewale, 2002; thesis entitled Robust Designs for Approximate Regression Models with Two Interacting Regressors. See "PhD graduates".
26. Md. Shakhawat Hossain, 2002; project entitled Implementation of Robust Designs for Straight Line Regression. Ph.D. (U. Windsor); Associate Professor, University of Winnipeg.
27. Xia Wu, 2000; project entitled A Comparative Study of Various Allocation Schemes in a Clinical Trial. Analyst with Statistics Canada.
28. Quanli Wang, 1999; thesis entitled Approximations to the Distributions of Some Robust Test Statistics. Bioinformatician, Duke Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina.
29. John O'Connor, 1998; project entitled An Analysis of Hearing Loss in Goldminers. Instructor of Mathematics, Grant McEwan College, Edmonton AB.
30. Zhiyi Du, 1995; thesis entitled Jackknife Methods in Robust Regression. Software engineer with Nokia, Ottawa.
31. Julie Zhou, 1992; thesis entitled Bounded Influence R-estimators in the Linear Model. See "PhD graduates".
33. Tony Leung, 1992; project entitled Using Measurement Error Models to Study the Shelter Effect. Biostatistician, Chinese University of Hong Kong Medical School.
34. Hai Nguyen, 1992; project entitled Application of Some Multivariate Techniques in Analysing Biological Data. Biometrician, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Nanaimo BC.
35. Yu Wang, 1992; thesis entitled Optimal Robust Rank-Based Estimators in the Linear Model. Assistant Professor, Finance and Economics, Boston University.
36. Leshy Paynter, PhD (incomplete) 1985-87, Dalhousie University; now a clergyman.
PhD theses for which I was the external examiner
1. M. Xie, 1998, Hong Kong Baptist University; thesis entitled Some Optimalities of Uniform Designs and Projection Uniform Designs Under Multi-Factor Models.
2. M. Salibian-Barrera, 2000; University of British Columbia; thesis entitled Contributions to the Theory of Robust Inference.
3. Peilin Shi, 2002; University of Victoria; thesis entitled Minimax Robust Designs for Misspecified Regression Models.